By Dermot Bates:
Hi, as everyone is probably aware, we had a very successful trip to Wexford for the 10K in Kilmore last year.The race this year is again on a Saturday at 5.30PM (good time) on 29th August.
For those that weren’t there, last years race was just perfect.Flat course, on country roads, very little traffic and beautiful scenery….on a par with Ballycotton. We are planning on doing the trip again, with a few more added activities….
Main points are:
1. Staying in Wexford town as opposed to Kilmore Quay….Very lively town during the summer, with plenty of good bars and nightclubs. We are trying to get everyone into the Talbot Hotel, which offers a gym and pool.
2. Choice of staying for 1 or 2 nights.
3. Arrange a run on Curracloe beech for Friday afternoon/evening for those that can get down early. Just imagine a run down the beech around 5PM while most people are driving home from work stuck in traffic….bliss…and then back for sauna/pool!.
4. A boat trip to the Saltee Islands on the Saturday afternoon before the race…
5. Pints on Friday and then Saturday night after the race.
6. We will arrange car pooling for those that would prefer not to drive.
7. Another run on Curracloe Beech on Sunday morning or afternoon.
The cost is going to vary, depending on which website I can book the rooms…I have booked a number of twin rooms so far @ 100 Euro per person for the 2 nights….this is an execellent rate for August. The boat trip will be an extra 10/12 euro for those that want to go on it.
So for the first 10 people to come back to me, 100 or 112 will be the full cost for the 2 nights, it’ll be hard to get any better than that.I am working on more good rates, but really need an idea of numbers and how many nights people want to stay before I can do this. If going ahead with the best rates possible, I will need payment asap.For the first 10 above, I will need a deposit of 40 Euro to confirm your place and the full amount of payment by first week in June.
You can give the money, to myself, Rachael or Lucy.
If People are interested, can you reply to this mail please… I will book rooms, but please remember the rooms will be on my CC from time off booking…… Please feel free to pass this mail on. Hopefully we can make the trip even better this year and absolutely everyone is welcome.I will send out an update once I start getting feedback.