Terenure 5 Mile 2023
The Terenure 5 mile road race returns in 2023. Best of all the registration busting price remains the same as 2019. This event, which has become a staple in our community, will take place on Sunday May 14th 10 AM. We are seeing a large number of early registrations so be quick to secure your spot. We can't wait to see you all at the starting line!
Thank You to our race sponsors and charity St Lukes
!!Juvenile Fun Run!!
- 9 AM on race day
- Starting from fortfield road
- Finishers medal and goodie bag
- Various distance by age range.
- For distances and ages click here.
Race number and T shirt Collection
Race Number and T shirt collection can be made at :
Friday May 12th at Sportsworld Clubhouse in Bushy park (beside tennis courts) 7-9pm
Saturday May 13th at Sportsworld Clubhouse in Bushy park 2-6pm
Sunday Morning May 14th at Our Ladies school gym from 8.30am.
!Note Junior races start from 9am at Fortfield road. Main race starts 10am Fortfield road!
Race Entrants get a lot for their money!
- A high quality technical t-shirt
- Free race photo’s will be on Facebook after the race.
- Race Pace Makers from Sportsworld Running Club to follow for 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 minute finishes
- Chip Timing – Your time will be accurately recorded by a chip on your race number
- Thousands of Euro’s in prize fund
- Numerous Spot Prizes
- AAI Approved Race
- Free post race refreshments
- A fantastic finish gantry
- A fast flat course
- Lots of cheering on Lap 2
- A closed road route
- A rare chance to run the roads of Terenure Dublin
- A huge sense of Pride and Achievement
Date and Time
Sunday 14th of May 2023 at 10.00 AM.
Junior 800m U16 race starts at 9.00AM
Junior 800m U12 race starts at 9.10AM
Junior 400m U8 race starts at 9.20AM
Yes there is chip timing attached to your race number.
Results will be posted afterwards on the My Run Results website.
We do not operate an official baggage drop area but many runners do leave a bag in the Race HQ (Our Ladys School Gymnasium).
We do not take responsibility for any items left on the premises during the race.
There are two water stations.
One at two miles and one after finish line.
- 1st male and female €400 and trophy each
- 2nd male and female €250 and trophy each
- 3rd male and female €150 and trophy each
- 4th male and female €100 each
- 5th male and female €50 each
- 1st male and female senior team €200 for the team and team trophy
- 2nd male and female senior team €100 for the team and team trophy
Masters (Over 40)
- 1st male and female masters team €160 for the team and team trophy
- 2nd male and female masters team €80 for the team and team trophy
- In all the age categories there is a trophy for 1st and 2nd male and female
Over 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 years old
There are toilet and changing rooms available in the Gymnasium of Our Ladys School.
Any items left here during the race is at the competitors risk.
- There is no parking available at race HQ.
- On street parking is available in the surrounding roads and housing estates.
- We encourage our competitors to walk, cycle, use public transport or car pool.
Here is a link for;
Templeogue Road Dublin Bus Timetables
Remember Sunday bus service times differ from weekday
Can anyone join Sportsworld Running Club?
Yes Sportsworld Running Club accepts new members all year round.
New members first do a two week free trial at the Club to see if it is for them.
If at the end of the two weeks they wish to join the Annual Membership is;
New members fees:
-Joining any date between January 1st and June 30th: €125 (includes a club race singlet)
-Joining any date between July 1st and September 30th: €85 (includes a club race singlet)
-Joining any date between October 1st and December 31st: €55 (includes a club race singlet)
Note: All memberships expire on Dec 31st. Renewal is then €100 per annum due in January.
To start a two week trial just turn up on a Tuesday or Thursday night and ask for head coach Emily Dowling. A club committee member is at the door each night to meet new members!
There are no refunds for those who do not run.
But rest assured our charity partner will appreciate your contribution.
Are walkers welcome?
To reduce disruption to residents and road users we only have use of the roads for a limited time. We may have to ask walkers to use the footpaths for the last mile if they have not finished by 11am. We will have the race pacers guide the last finishers to the line.
Please use the footpaths for safety so as not to cause any collisions with runners.
The Civil Defence will have medical personnel and an ambulance stationed at the start and finish.
There will also be a rapid response cyclist with cardiac difibulator available on the day.
The course is on public roads, one half of which will be closed to traffic.
Stewards will be in attendance at all junctions and Gardai will also be at strategic points around the course.
Participants will be separated from any traffic by cones in all instances.
The course has been measured by an international course measurer supplied by Athletics Ireland.
There will be mile markers on the course.