Meet and train is nearly here! There are two races before Christmas and two after:
Race 1: November 17 – Dunboyne
Race 2: December 8 – Change of venue, not yet confirmed but likely to be part of Poolbeg Parkrun course (so not really a cross country!)
Race 3: January 19 – Brothers Pearse (opposite Ballyboden GAA)
Race 4: February 16 – Please note date change from 9th Feb @ Abbotstown
The usual set of rules applies:
- Ladies only!
- 4 races per team, best 3 races are counted
- 6 runners per team, 4 to score in each race
- €20 for league entry; €7 for individual race
- Meet & Train is targeted at less competitive runners. Ideal if you are thinking about dipping your toes into the cross country for the first time.
Information for the first meet and train this coming Sunday – Location Dunboyne
- €20 for league entry per person must now be paid
- Race numbers will be collected on Sunday morning – please hold onto the race number for all four races. Please bring pins!
- Race Start Time is 11 a.m.
- Club vests must be worn. For any new members please contact Emily.
- Don’t forget to clean the muck off the spikes from last year!
DIRECTIONS TO DUNBOYNE AC AND RACE COURSE. PLEASE NOTE RACE COURSE IS APPROX. 12 – 15 MINUTES JOG FROM DUNBOYNE AC.
Dunboyne AC clubhouse on Rooske Road, Dunboyne, Co. Meath.
To get to the Dunboyne AC by car (from Dublin).
- Heading Northbound on the N3 which becomes M3
- Take Exit 4 – Clonee/Dunboyne
- Continue through Clonee village following signs for Dunboyne.
- Go through two roundabouts taking the 1st Exit (R156) both times
- On the left-hand side of this road you will Clonee Sawmills
- The racecourse is beside Clonee Sawmills. There are only a small number of car park spaces here.
- Continue to pass the racecourse and after passing Dunboyne Train Station you will come to a set of traffic lights. Go left at these traffic lights – you are now driving on the
- Rooske Road. Continue along Rooske road and pass the entrance to Dunboyne Castle on your right. A little further along the road on your right is a large car park with Dunboyne GAA club, Dunboyne AC and Scouts Hall. Dunboyne A.C. clubhouse is at the back of the car park beside the running track.
- It is about 12 to 15 minutes jog to the race start from here.
- Refreshments will be in Dunboyne A.C. clubhouse after the race.
- You could also park at the Dunboyne Train Station but parking will cost 3 euro at the train station.
- Trains are from Connolly (30 min journey)
- By bus Bus 70 from Aston Quay to Dunboyne – 40 min bus journey